|Puddings and Pies and More|
Cooking oil spray helps to coat the pan with little fat or calories.
||pineapple juice or peach juice|
|2 16-oz cans
||peaches, sliced, packed in juice, drained (or 1-3/4 lbs) fresh|
||pancake mix, dry|
||evaporated skim milk|
||cooking oil spray (for baking dish)|
- Combine cinnamon, vanilla, cornstarch, peach nectar, and pineapple or
peach juice in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir constantly until mixture
thickens and bubbles.
- Add sliced peaches to mixture.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- In another saucepan melt margarine and set aside.
- Lightly spray an 8-inch square glass dish with cooking oil spray. Pour hot
peach mixture into the dish.
- In another bowl, combine pancake mix, flour, sugar, and melted margarine. Stir in milk.
- Quickly spoon this mixture over peach mixture.
- Combine nutmeg and brown sugar. Sprinkle mixture on top of batter.
- Bake at 400° F for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool and cut into 8 squares.
Makes 8 servings--Serving size: 1 square
Fat 4 g
Saturated fat less than 1 g
Cholesterol less than 1 mg
Sodium 263 mg