|Puddings and Pies and More|
Mock-Southern Sweet Potato Pie
This heart-healthy pie crust is made with vegetable oil and skim milk.
|1 1/4 cups
||evaporated skim milk, canned|
||sweet potatoes (cooked and mashed)|
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Combine the flour and sugar in a bowl.
- Add milk and oil to the flour mixture.
- Stir with fork until well mixed and then form pastry into a smooth ball with
- Roll the ball between two 12-inch squares of waxed paper using short, brisk
strokes until pastry reaches edge of paper.
- Peel off top paper and invert crust into pie plate.
- Combine sugars, salt, spices, and eggs.
- Add milk and vanilla. Stir.
- Add sweet potatoes and mix well.
- Pour mixture into pie shell.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cool and cut into 16
Makes 16 servings--Serving size: 1 slice
Fat 3 g
Saturated fat less than 1 g
Cholesterol 40 mg
Sodium 98 mg