Sweet Potato Custard
Sweet potatoes and bananas combine to make a flavorful low fat custard made with evaporated skim milk and no added fat.
||mashed cooked sweet potato|
||mashed banana (about 2 small)|
||evaporated skim milk|
||packed brown sugar|
||beaten egg yolks (or 1/3 cup egg substitute)|
||nonstick cooking spray|
Yield: 6 servings--Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- In a medium bowl, stir together sweet potato and banana.
- Add milk, blending well.
- Add brown sugar, egg yolks, and salt, mixing thoroughly.
- Spray a 1-quart casserole with nonstick cooking spray. Transfer sweet potato mixture to casserole dish.
- Combine raisins, sugar, and cinnamon; sprinkle over top of sweet potato mixture.
- Bake in a preheated 325º F oven for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean.
Each serving provides:
Total fat: 2 g
Saturated fat: less than 1 g
Cholesterol: 92 mg*
Sodium: 235 mg
*If using egg substitutes, cholesterol will be lower.
Advertisement and Marketing via Internet
|Source: NHLBI - LDL lowering cholesterol diet|