Savory Potato Salad
Add fresh vegetables and herbs to give a tasty flavor to this potato salad.
||potatoes (about 2 lbs) |
||celery, finely chopped|
||scallion, finely chopped |
||red bell pepper, coarsely chopped |
||green bell pepper, coarsely chopped |
||onion, finely chopped |
||hard boiled, chopped |
||mayonnaise, light |
||black pepper |
||dill weed, dried |
- Wash potatoes, cut in half, and place them in cold water in a saucepan.
- Cook covered over medium heat for 25 to 30 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and dice potatoes when cool.
- Add vegetables and egg to potatoes and toss.
- Blend together mayonnaise, mustard, salt, pepper, and dill weed.
- Pour dressing over potato mixture and stir gently to coat evenly.
- Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
Makes 10 servings--Serving size: 1/2 cup
Fat 2 g
Saturated fat less than 1 g
Cholesterol 21 mg
Sodium 212 mg
Advertisement and Marketing via Internet
|Source: NHLBI - LDL lowering cholesterol diet|