Limas and Spinach
Your family will love to eat more vegetables cooked this way.
||frozen lima beans|
||fennel, cut in strips (4 oz)|
||low-sodium chicken broth|
||leaf spinach, washed thoroughly|
- Steam or boil lima beans in unsalted water approximately 10 minutes. Drain.
- In a skillet, sauté onions and fennel in oil.
- Add the beans and stock to the onions, cover, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach. Cover and cook until spinach has wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the vinegar and pepper. Cover and let stand for 30 seconds.
- Sprinkle with chives and serve.
Makes 7 servings--Serving size: 1/2 cupCalories 93
Fat 2 g
Saturated fat less than 1 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 84 mg
Advertisement and Marketing via Internet
|Source: NHLBI - LDL lowering cholesterol diet|