||cooked lasagna noodles, (in unsalted water)|
||mozzarella cheese, part-skim, grated|
|1 1/2 cup
||cottage cheese, fat free|
||Parmesan cheese, grated|
|1 1/2 cup
||zucchini, raw, sliced|
|2 1/2 cup
||tomato sauce, no salt added|
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Lightly spray a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with vegetable oil spray.
- In a small bowl, combine 1/8 cup mozzarella and 1 Tbsp parmesan cheese. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese with all of the
cottage cheese. Mix well and set aside.
- Combine tomato sauce with remaining ingredients. Spread a thin layer of tomato sauce
in the bottom of the baking dish. Add a third of the noodles in a single layer.
Spread half of the cottage cheese mixture on top. Add a layer of zucchini. Repeat layering.
Add a thin coating of sauce. Top with noodles, sauce, and reserved cheese mixture.
Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes. Cool for 10 to 15 minutes. Cut into 6 portions.
Makes 6 servings--Serving size: 1 piece
Total Fat: 5 g
Saturated fat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 11 mg
Sodium: 380 mg
Advertisement and Marketing via Internet
|Source: NHLBI - LDL lowering cholesterol diet|