Spinach Stuffed Sole
A scant amount of oil and part-skim mozzarella cheese give this lower fat dish a Mediterranean flavor.
||nonstick cooking spray |
||olive oil |
||fresh mushrooms, sliced|
||fresh spinach, chopped |
||oregano leaves, crushed |
||clove garlic, minced|
||sole fillets or other white fish |
|4 oz (1 C)
||part-skim mozzarella cheese, grated|
Yield: 4 servings--Serving Size: 1 fillet roll.
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Spray a 10x6-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat oil in skillet; saute mushrooms about 3 minutes or until tender.
- Add spinach and continue cooking about 1 minute or until spinach is barely wilted. Remove from heat; drain liquid into prepared baking dish.
- Add oregano and garlic to drained sauteed vegetables; stir to mix ingredients.
- Divide vegetable mixture evenly among fillets, placing filling in center of each fillet.
- Roll fillet around mixture and place seam-side down in prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle with sherry, then grated mozzarella cheese. Bake 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily. Lift out with a slotted spoon.
Each serving provides:
Total fat: 8 g
Saturated fat: 4 g
Cholesterol: 95 mg
Sodium: 312 mg
Advertisement and Marketing via Internet
|Source: NHLBI - LDL lowering cholesterol diet|