Mouth-Watering Oven-Fried Fish
For variety, try this heart-healthy fish recipe with any kind of fish.
||lemon juice, fresh |
||skim milk or 1% buttermilk |
||hot pepper sauce |
||garlic, fresh, minced|
||white pepper, ground|
||onion powder |
||cornflakes, crumbled or regular bread crumbs |
||vegetable oil (for greasing baking dish) |
||lemon fresh, cut in wedges |
- Preheat oven to 475° F.
- Wipe fillets with lemon juice and pat dry.
- Combine milk, hot pepper sauce, and garlic.
- Combine pepper, salt, and onion powder with cornflake crumbs and place on a plate.
- Let fillets sit in milk briefly. Remove and coat fillets on both sides with
seasoned crumbs. Let stand briefly until coating sticks to each side of fish.
- Arrange on lightly oiled shallow baking dish.
- Bake 20 minutes on middle rack without turning.
- Cut into 6 pieces. Serve with fresh lemon.
Makes 6 servings--Serving size: 1 cut piece
Fat 2 g
Saturated fat less than 1 g
Cholesterol 80 mg
Sodium 325 mg