Defatted chicken broth and low-fat milk lower the fat content, yet give the sauce a rich creamy taste.
||nonstick cooking spray|
||white fish (cod, sole, turbot, etc.)|
||dry white wine|
||chicken stock or broth, skim fat from top|
||low-fat (1%) or skim milk|
- Spray 10x6-inch baking dish with nonstick spray. Place fish in pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Mix wine, stock, and lemon juice in small bowl and pour over fish.
- Cover and bake at 350º F for 15 minutes.
- Melt margarine in small saucepan. Remove from heat and blend in flour. Gradually add milk and cook over moderately low heat, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Remove fish from oven and pour liquid from baking dish into cream sauce, stirring until blended. Pour sauce over fish and sprinkle with grapes.
- Broil about 4 inches from heat 5 minutes or until sauce starts to brown.
Yield: 4 servings--Serving Size: 1 fillet with sauce
Each serving provides:
Total fat: 4 g
Saturated fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 53 mg
Sodium: 316 mg
Advertisement and Marketing via Internet
|Source: NHLBI - LDL lowering cholesterol diet|