With no added salt and very little oil in the marinade, these broiled or grilled kabobs made with skinless chicken breasts are lower in saturated fat, cholesterol, and sodium.
||boneless, skinless chicken breasts|
||parboiled whole white onions|
||canned pineapple chunks|
|1 can (6 oz)
||frozen, concentrated apple juice, thawed|
||dry white wine|
||soy sauce, low sodium|
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with pepper.
- Thread 8 skewers as follows: chicken, mushroom, chicken, onion, chicken, orange quarter, chicken, pineapple chunk, cherry tomato.
- Place kabobs in shallow pan.
- Combine remaining ingredients; spoon over kabobs. Marinate in refrigerator at least 1 hour.
- Drain. Broil 6 inches from heat, 15 minutes on each side, brushing with marinade every 5 minutes. Discard any leftover marinade.
Yield: 8 servings--Serving Size: 1/2 chicken breast kabob
Each serving provides:
Total fat: 11 g
Saturated fat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 66 mg
Sodium: 226 mg
Advertisement and Marketing via Internet
|Source: NHLBI - LDL lowering cholesterol diet|