A cholesterol-free classic Italian vegetable soup brimming with fiber-rich beans, peas, and carrots.
||garlic, minced or 1/8 tsp garlic powder|
||coarsely chopped onion|
||coarsely chopped celery and leaves|
|1 can (6 oz)
||chopped fresh parsley|
||sliced carrots, fresh or frozen|
||(1 lb) tomatoes, cut up|
||canned red kidney beans, drained and rinsed|
||fresh green beans|
||uncooked, broken spaghetti|
Yield: 16 servings--Serving Size: 1 cup
- Heat oil in a 4-quart saucepan.
- Add garlic, onion, and celery and sauté about 5 minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients except spaghetti, and stir until ingredients are well mixed.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer about 45 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add uncooked spaghetti and simmer 2-3 minutes only.
Each serving provides:
Total fat: 4 g
Saturated fat: less than 1 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 191 mg
Advertisement and Marketing via Internet
|Source: NHLBI - LDL lowering cholesterol diet|